Sachs & La Seur, P.A. is pleased to announce that we are now able to accept online payments through our website. Payments are made via Lawpay®, the premier payment processor for the legal industry, making online payment simple and secure.
Of course we are still happy to take payment information over the telephone, and accept checks mailed to our office at 1394 County Highway 283S, Bldg 4, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459.
Walton County government offices and schools will remain closed Thursday , January 30, 2014 as a result of severe weather and dangerous road conditions. Click here for more information.
Our hearings scheduled for this week have been canceled, and we will reschedule them once the judicial offices reopen.
The Walton County Commission met the morning of January 28, 2014 at the County Courthouse in Defuniak Springs. Items of interest in the land use and planning areas included the following:
- The Commissioners discussed a proposal to adopt a procedure for the review of clearing permits. Staff will prepare draft language for the Commissioners to consider for addition to the Land Development Code.
- The Commissioners also approved a resolution to increase planning department fees. A copy of the resolution can be found at www.co.walton.fl.us (search fees).
- The Commissioners also approved staff amending the future land use language to reintroduce agriculture uses in rural land use categories.
- After agenda items were addressed, Commissioner Meadows suggested staff consider combining several noise ordinances to make one ordinance for Walton County overall.
- The Planning Department presented LDC chapter 2 ordinance for first hearing.
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. – Colleen Sachs of Sachs & La Seur, P.A. in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida was recognized in the 2013 edition of Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™. The list of 1,228 honorees, published in the July issue of Florida Trend magazine, includes attorneys in private practice as well as top government and non-profit attorneys.
Actively practicing Florida attorneys were asked to name the attorneys that they hold in highest regard as professionals – lawyers with whom they have personally worked and would recommend to others. Florida Bar President Eugene K. Pettis notes, “In an ever crowded profession, it’s even more important to the public and the profession to identify exceptional attorneys; Florida Legal Elite is a great resource for this task.”
“Florida Trend’s 250,000 readers are executives who rely on the legal community for a multitude of corporate assignments,” says Publisher Andrew Corty. “When we first published Florida Legal Elite in 2004, our goal was to provide a valuable resource for our readers. Over the past 10 years, I’ve heard many accolades about the program. Florida Legal Elite is a guide to selecting a trusted legal partner to handle delicate business concerns. Our website, FloridaTrend.com, offers another pathway for the dissemination of this key information.”
The entire Legal Elite report can be viewed at www.FloridaTrend.com/LegalElite.