The Walton County Commission met the morning of January 28, 2014 at the County Courthouse in Defuniak Springs. Items of interest in the land use and planning areas included the following:
- The Commissioners discussed a proposal to adopt a procedure for the review of clearing permits. Staff will prepare draft language for the Commissioners to consider for addition to the Land Development Code.
- The Commissioners also approved a resolution to increase planning department fees. A copy of the resolution can be found at www.co.walton.fl.us (search fees).
- The Commissioners also approved staff amending the future land use language to reintroduce agriculture uses in rural land use categories.
- After agenda items were addressed, Commissioner Meadows suggested staff consider combining several noise ordinances to make one ordinance for Walton County overall.
- The Planning Department presented LDC chapter 2 ordinance for first hearing.